In the Community
CGA-BC members, students and staff donate services to many worthwhile causes.
- Through the Minerva Foundation, CGA-BC sponsors two BC Women’s Educational Awards given annually to women studying finance or accounting at BCIT.
- Many CGAs donate their time and expertise to help at free tax clinics for the public.
- CGAs and CGA-BC staff give blood as a Partner For Life with Canadian Blood Services.
- For more than 20 years CGA has entered a team in the annual Run for the Kids 24 Hour Relay on behalf of BC Lions Society for Children with Disabilities.
- Each year Team CGA runs in the Vancouver Sun Run for literacy.
- Our Find a CGA Firm service refers the public to CGA public practitioners.
- CGAjobs.org lets not-for-profit organizations looking for a CGA post board openings and other positions for no charge. Contact [lso#cga-bc,org]Lisa So.
- CGA-BC sponsors some $30,000 a year in scholarships to B.C. high school students and also makes donations to post-secondary accounting programs.
- CGA-BC hosts open houses for interested students and sponsors career fairs.