Students - Top Left.gif
Most View Pages

T2202A , Tuition and Education Amounts Certificate FAQs


Below are the most frequently asked questions about the Form T2202A, Tuition and Education Amounts Certificate.

Q:  When will I receive my receipt?
A:  Receipts for current students will be available online through the My CGA-BC section of the website on or before February 28, every year. Receipts for withdrawn students will not be available online, they will be mailed on or before Feb 28.

Q:  Can I get my tax receipt for a prior year. How do I get a duplicate copy?
A:  Electronic receipts for year 2011 and 2012 are currently available through our website. If you require a duplicate tax receipt for years prior to 2011, please contact There is a $26.25 administrative fee charged for this service.
Q:  Is the CGA Program a qualifying educational program?
A:  Yes.

Q:  How are the number of months calculated?
A:  To be a qualifying educational program as defined in CRA subsection 118.6(1), a program must run for at least three consecutive weeks and must require instruction or work in the program of at least ten hours a week throughout its duration and not simply for a minimum three-week period. The months are allocated as follows:

For CGA and Laurentian courses:  
2013/14 Session 2 Dec 9, 2012 - Feb 26, 2014 2 *
2013/14 Session 3 Mar 17, 2014 - May 28, 2014 3
2013/14 Session 4 Jun 9, 2014 - Aug 20, 2014 3
2014/15 Session 1 Sep 8, 2014 - Nov 29, 2014 3
2014/15 Session 2 Dec 8, 2014 - Feb 25, 2015 1 *

*Months are split between calendar years.  

For SAIT courses:  
2013/14 Session 2 Dec 4, 2013 - Feb 26, 2014 2 *
2013/14 Session 3 Mar 12, 2014 - May 28, 2014 3
2013/14 Session 4 Jun 11, 2014 – Aug 27, 2014 3 (Final)

*Months are split between calendar years.

Q:  Which courses DO NOT qualify for the education amount?
A:  Public Speaking 001 and 002. Deferred, supplemental and challenge exams also do not qualify.

Q:  How are the Session 2 fees pro-rated?
A:  Courses in Session 2 are pro-rated based on the number of assignments to be submitted in each calendar year.

Q: Do I have to submit my T2202A form with my income tax submission?
A:   Students are not required to submit a printed copy of the T2202A form with their tax return, even if the T2202A credits are transferred to a parent, but should be retained for future reference.

Q:  Can you help me with questions about my tax return?
A:   We cannot provide tax advice, or confirm eligibility if you were/ were not reimbursed by your employer. Questions regarding the use of the T2202A form in the tax preparation process should be directed to the Canada Revenue Agency. Tax guides are available from any CRA office, Canada Post Office or online.

Q: If none of the above answers my question, what should I do?
A:  Send an email to this email address Please allow 3-4 business days for a detailed response.


Who To Contact
Online Learning Reference Guide

Career Centre 


design & integration:
Certified General Accountants Association of British Columbia.
300 – 1867 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC V6J 5L4
T: 604.732.1211 TF 1 800.565.1211 F: 604.732.1252