CGA-BC would like to congratulate you on receiving your CGA designation. Convocation is a time for us to come together to celebrate your achievement. The following notes are designed to help plan your day and to make it as stress free as possible.
2013 Convocation Ceremonies
Gowns and V-Stoles
Banquet and Ball
November 2, 2013 - Convocation Ceremony
- Location: The ceremony is being held in Vancouver on Saturday, November 2, 2013, at the Vancouver Convention & Exhibition Centre West located at 1055 Canada Place.
- Parking: Parking is available in the parkade underneath the Exhibition Centre.
- Cost: There is no charge for attendance to the ceremony. If you wish to purchase tickets for your guests to attend the Banquet & Ball, tickets are $95 (GST included).
- Seating: Seating at the ceremony is on a first-come, first-served basis. The Association does not encourage guests to save a large block of seats.
||Doors Open for Guests
||3 - 5 p.m.
Arrival Time for Graduates
- Please arrive at the Vancouver Convention & Exhibition Centre West by 1:35 p.m.
- Please leave all your personal belongings, including purses, with your guests as you will be going into West Ballroom AB for the ceremony directly from West Ballroom C (where the graduating class assembles).
Gowns and V-Stoles
- You will receive a gown upon entering West Ballroom C. You will not be able to pick up your gown before graduation day.
- Your graduation gown and V-stole must be returned before you leave the Convention Centre.
Convocation Ceremonies (Graduate Procedure)
- Graduates who have paid for their guests to attend the Banquet & Ball should check the seating plan located next to the registration desk.
- Once inside West Ballroom C you will be greeted by CGA staff members and members of the Board of Governors. You will be assisted in getting a graduation gown and V-stole.
- The photographer will seat the entire class for a group photograph, which you may purchase later.
- Following the photo, you will be briefed on the procedure for the ceremony.
- Graduates will be asked to lineup for the procession. The procession will be in alphabetical order. You MUST remain in line, as this is the order that you will be called upon to cross the stage.
- A bag piper will lead you into the West Ballroom AB where you will be seated.
- Each row will be brought up to the end of the stage. As your name is called, your name will appear on two large screens on either side of the stage. A camera will follow you across the stage until the next name is announced.
- Once the ceremony is over (approximately 2 hours), you will be able to rejoin your family and friends.
- Remember to return your graduation gown and V-stole before you leave the Vancouver Convention & Exhibition Centre.
Banquet and Ball
- The Graduates' Banquet & Ball will be held in West Ballroom CD of the Vancouver Convention & Exhibition Centre West.
- Graduates do not require a ticket to attend the Banquet & Ball, but you must be pre-registered.
- Cost for your guests to attend the Banquet & Ball are $95 (GST included). The price covers a plated dinner, wine with dinner and dancing.
- The reception will begin at 6 p.m. A no-host bar will be available in West Ballroom CD.
- Dinner will be served shortly after 7 p.m. and dancing will begin at approximately 9 p.m.
CGA-BC has a Group Room Rate at the Pan Pacific Vancouver. For reservations call 1-800-663-1515. Be sure to mention the reservation code CERT113. The deadline to reserve a room in our block is October 10, 2013.
|Deluxe Category Guestrooms
|| Single/Double Rates
|Deluxe City View or Inner Harbour
Vancouver Convention Centre West
1055 Canada Place
- Enter off of Canada Place, ½ block west of the Burrard Street intersection on the right-hand side.
- Enter the Convention Centre through the doors adjacent the pay stations.
- The Information Desk is directly ahead as you enter the Burrard Street Lobby.
- For the Exhibition Halls, proceed to Level 1 via elevators, stairs or escalators. At Level 1, take escalators or elevators to Level E.
- For Level 1, including the 100 series Meeting Rooms and Ballrooms, take the elevators, stairs or escalators from the Burrard Street Lobby.
- For Level 2 and the 200 series Meeting Rooms, take the elevators from the Burrard Street Lobby.
- For Level 3 and the 300 series Meeting Rooms, take the elevators to Level 2. At Level 2, proceed along the east pre-function space (with views of Canada Place) and take the mid-corridor elevator to Level 3 or the escalators at the end of the corridor.