Find or Post a Job Online
|CPABC Careers Site Launches April 2014
BC’s three accounting bodies are working to unite under the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) designation. Once established, CPABC will be one of the largest professional organizations in the province. The unification opens up the door to enhancing many of the services we provide to our members, students and employers. We are pleased to announce the launch of a unified CPABC Careers Site, careers.bccpa.ca.
Starting on April 1, 2014, the current CGA-BC job posting service, CGAjobs.org, will transition to the new CPABC Careers site. All users with existing accounts on the former CGAjobs.org service may continue to use their CGAjobs.org log-in and passwords to access their accounts on the new site CPABC Careers site.
The new CPABC Careers site will continue to provide the same service with a host of features to enhance members’ and students’ access to exciting career opportunities and to employers searching for qualified candidates.
Employers, Recruiters, and Agents –
Set Up CPABC Careers Site Account Now
Please take a few minutes now to go to the CPABC Careers Site. Select the appropriate tab at the top of the page and then click the Create Account button. You will be asked to create a username and password, create your company profile, and post job descriptions.
If you already have an employer account on the CPABC Careers Site or if you had an employer account on CGAjobs.org, sign in here.
With the CPABC Careers Site, employers can:
- Post our job ads
- View profiles and resumes
- Include your company logo on all your job postings
- Receive email alerts when candidates match what you are looking for
- Redirect applicants to apply on your company website
- View real-time stats of all your job postings
- Access, modify, and archive job postings at any time.
CGA Members and Students
- My Account: If you have already created an account on the CPABC Careers Site or if you had an account on the former CGAjobs.org system, you may go directly to the CPABC Careers Site and log in using the username and password you created when you set up your account.
- Create a CPABC Careers Site Account. For security purposes, you will be prompted to enter your CGA member/student number and password. Once you have successfully logged in through cga-bc.org, you will be automatically directed to the CPABC Careers Site account sign-up screen to create your CPABC Careers Site account. After this initial set-up, you will be able to log in to the CPABC Careers Site directly.
With the CPABC Careers Site, members and students can:
- Search & apply to job postings
- Build an online profile and post your resume for employers to view
- Search for jobs confidentially using the CPABC Careers Site confidentiality features
- Receive email notifications whenever jobs that meet your ideal criteria get posted to the site
- Save job postings to a job folder to view when it is more convenient to you
- Track job postings that you have applied to in your application history
- Apply to jobs using a resume stored on your computer or Dropbox, or build one using your LinkedIn profile
- Browse and apply to jobs on the go with mobile optimization features
Note to CGA-BC Students: If you already had a CGAjobs account before your student ID number was changed in March 2012, your old CGAjobs username and password were not affected.
CGAjobs.org offers several new services to employers. It allows you to:
- Search a database of resumés and save search criteria for future use
- Send automatic responses to applicants
- Display a full-page company profile
- Monitor hourly updates of search statistics to your postings
- Receive e-mail alerts to resumés that meet your criteria
- Receive notification of upcoming employment events
Please contact [lso#cga-bc,org]Lisa So at (604) 730-6237 or (800) 565-1211 ext 237 if you have any questions about the CPABC Careers Site.
To learn about our expanded services for employers, see our Employer Program.