Public Speaking Transfer Credit Guide
CGA recognizes a number of courses other than its own for the successful completion of the public speaking requirement. We have prepared a list of these programs for your convenience:
- AuthenticDialogue.com - The Persuasive Presenter Program
Duration: 2 day (includes mandatory class preparation)
Contact: email@example.com, www.authenticdialogue.com
- Building Communication Skills
Duration: One Weekend: 20 hours Friday-Sunday
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 1-867 633-4844
- Christopher Leadership Courses of Canada
Tel: (604) 268-6298 or email [info#christopherleadership,org]email@example.com go to www.christopherleadership.org
For courses outside of Greater Vancouver www.thelumen.com
- Communication Connection
(Victoria and Vancouver Island and all of B.C.) Patricia Nichol, Tel: (250) 474-4606 or [pat#patnichol,com]firstname.lastname@example.org. Duration one weekend; 20 hours Friday to Monday.
- Dale Carnegie Course in Effective Speaking & Human Relations
(Vancouver and various locations). Contact Lara Yamniuk, Tel: (604) 299-5115, (800) 663-2661, or fax (604) 299-5657.
- Frameworks Training
Tel: (604) 805-9815 or (877) 271-7930
- Tim Thomas & Associates(Prince George area) Duration 2 1/2 days. Tim Thomas, Tim Thomas & Associates, Tel: (250) 631-1066 or email email@example.com or visit his profile here.
- The Art of Speaking for SuccessA two-day, action and information packed, program in public speaking. Contact: [info#dorotheahendriks,com]Dorothea Hendriks at Tel: (604) 254-4308 or www.workshop.artofspeakingforsuccess.com.
- SpeakEasy Seminars(Vancouver and various locations plus Vancouver Island University, Qualicum Campus) Duration one weekend. John Gregory, Tel: (604) 684-8951 or www.speakeasy-seminars.com/home.htm.
- Public Speaking: Speak Up With Confidence
(Vancouver Area) Duration eight evenings. Del O'Shaughnessy, VSB Adult Division, Tel: (604) 713-4550 or http://www.vsb-adult-ed.com/default.htm
- Toastmasters "Competent Toastmaster" Certificate (4 to 6 months)
For information about all clubs in B.C., consult the Toastmasters Website.
- Public Speaking for the Terrified - Johnson Hall & Associates
Duration - 8 weeks
Contact Judy Johnson Tel: (604) 942-6467, Fax (604) 942-6919 or [jj#johnsonhall,ca]firstname.lastname@example.org for upcoming programs.
- "You’re On!" or "Public Speaking Made Easy"
(Vancouver area) Jim Francis Tel: (604) 983-WAVE (9283) or email
email@example.com or go to http://wavemakerconsulting.com/
Acceptable public speaking transfer credit courses are also offered at several B.C. post-secondary institutions. Click here for a complete listing of post-secondary institutions.