A Program Like No Other
Choosing CGA isn’t a decision between school and work. It’s the decision to combine the best of both for a better life. CGA-BC offers flexible studies to ensure a path to job readiness that is catered specifically to each student. Whether you are leaving school, an undergraduate, or already working professionally, CGA-BC will help you find the starting point that is right for you.
- Earn while you learn – Part-time studies are coupled with full-time, relevant workplace experience to allow you to graduate job ready. As a CGA student, you’ll work in the field of your choice and prepare for success where you want to work – not where someone else thinks you should train.
- Your previous experience counts – Every student has a unique professional and educational background. See what transfer credits you are eligible for. [info#cga-bc,org]Contact us to learn how your experience (earned here in Canada or elsewhere) may earn you credits towards becoming a CGA.
- Employer support – Because employers recognize the value of the CGA designation to their workplace, more than half of CGA students receive financial support from their employers. Talk to your employer, or contact us to find out more about scholarships, bursaries, and financial aid opportunities.
- Flexibility – As a CGA, you’ll be qualified to work in any sector, in almost any industry. [recruitment#cga-bc,org]Contact us to learn about some of the exciting opportunities available to CGA students and graduates.
- Distance Education – It's online and it means studying that fits your way of life in the comfort of your own home.
- Support – Our Student Services staff offers support and advice— everything from help with your professional experience questionnaire to one-on-one assistance with our employment counsellor—while you’re earning your CGA designation. There are also opportunities for in-class studies and your regional chapters often organize study groups for CGA students.
- Mobility – The CGA designation is recognized and respected in over 170 countries. Contact us to learn about CGA’s partner associations across the globe.
- Affordability – Courses are designed to keep costs down, while always providing the best in accounting education. And working full time while you study part time makes CGA a very attractive route for students new to the workforce as well as those with families to support.
- Employment Opportunities and Advice – Every student in the CGA program has access to CGAjobs.org the largest, most popular site of its kind. You’ll be able to apply to view thousands of exclusive career opportunities, apply to those that best suit your strengths and interests, post your resumé, and much more. [recruitment#cga-bc,org]Contact us learn more.