This page was created to keep CGA members, CGA students and prospective students up to date on merger discussions in Canada’s accounting profession. The articles below are listed chronologically, with the most recent appearing at the top.
If you would prefer to provide feedback to the Association directly, please feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com, or by phone at (604) 732-1211 or toll free at 1 (800) 565-1211.
- October 2, 2014 — It’s official! 190,000 PROS, One Designation
- July 15, 2014 — CPA Ontario Names New President
- June 27, 2014 — Yukon Accounting Bodies sign Merger Agreement
- June 26, 2014 — CPA Manitoba Joint Venture Appoints Chief Operating Officer
- June 18, 2014 — CPA Ontario and CGA Ontario Vote to Support Unification
- May 24, 2014 — Nova Scotia Moving Forward With Merger Agreement
- May 16, 2014 — CPA Bermuda Legislation Now in Effect
- April 30, 2014 — New Brunswick Legislature Passes CPA Act
- February 3, 2014 — Ontario CPAs, CGAs, and CMAs Sign MOU in Support of Unification
- January 29, 2014 — CGA Manitoba Members Vote to Support Merger
- January 13, 2014 — CPA Newfoundland & Labrador Announces CEO
National Unification Documents
These documents outline the guiding principles of unification, including the continued use of existing designations, the governance of the new organization and highlights of the CPA certification process.
- October 28, CGA-Canada Agrees to Enter Exploratory Merger Discussions
- October 24, CGA-BC Joins in Unification Talks
- CGA-BC Leaders Host Merger Update Forums for Members, Students in October
- September 20, CEO Update on Accountancy Merger Discussions
Ontario CGAs and CMAs to conduct talks with CAs regarding the possibility of merging the three bodies in that province.
- September 6, CEO Update
CGA-BC CEO Gordon Ruth, FCGA, discusses the merger, AIT, news from Quebec, the use of “CPA” in B.C. and more.
- July 27, A Clear Line of Communication: An Update on the CA–CMA Merger
- Vision CGA
CGA-Canada's latest news about the potential merger.
- CGA Position on Possible Accountancy Merger - An open letter from CGA-BC CEO Gordon Ruth, FCGA.
- FAQs regarding the possible merger.
- May 26, CGA CareerView Blog - Some straight talk about the proposed merger.